Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chainsaws, Herbert Hoover & Dog Poo



Well, this week is kind of a short post week. But hopefully you'll get the picture of everything that happened. First off, we had chainsaw training on Tuesday so we did that practically all day. We had a guy come in and teach us the in's and out's of how to use the chainsaw and how to maintain it as well. After some in class instruction, we went out into the field and had some hands on training. Once Tuesday was over we spent the rest of the week doing just that, using chainsaws to help cut down trees and also do what they call "bucking" which is what I was doing in the above picture.

One day last week, on Thursday I believe, we took a half day field trip to do some service learning to the Herbert Hoover Historical Site.
I have more pictures of the tour on my facebook so please, feel free to check em out!

Also, today (Sunday) some of us did an ISP at an animal shelter. Lets say it was a nice break from the everyday nature work that we do. Few more pictures on facebook (as usual). But here's a few.
First dog I walked named Oliver!

Well, I hope this post finds you all doing well. Sorry that its so short, but like I said, we didn't do a huge variety of things this week. Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a blessed upcoming week! Hey go out and smell the fresh air. Run around and roll in the grass like my buddy Hobbit! :)
"My time is up, I thank you for yours." God bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment